Pre-nomad planning

Applying for permanent residency + I need to speak German!

Even though we’re leaving Germany soon, I’m still about to apply for my Niederlassungserlaubnis, aka unbefristete Aufenthaltserlaubnis, aka German permanent residency. Why? Because it’ll make things easier for us as a couple with different nationalities. Sometimes there are special visas that you can only apply for at your home/resident country. If we don’t share national residencies, we’ll
Read More

Germany is not the place for me

Martin and I are reeealllly different. One of my friends described me as the ‘wind’ and Martin as the ‘mountain’. That’s exactly us! I’m everywhere while Martin prefers to stay put. Coincidentally, I’m also a Libra (air sign) while Martin is a Capricorn (earth sign). So a few weeks ago, we had ‘the talk’. I basically
Read More